Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas "Break"

The harsh reality for any student actively trying to minimize their debt load and or reliance on alternative funding sources is that Christmas is never a relaxing time. On top of all the stress the rest of the population encounters - we cram every waking hour with work. In previous years I have worked 6 day weeks post exams - this year it's just 5 days with overtime and Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve... So on the few days I have off between Christmas and the following Saturday- yes I am working Saturday's too. I've set for myself the following tasks -

1. Finish reading Shalmar the Clown, In Search of God Know's What and Rohan Mistry's A Fine Balance. Rushdie's work I've been slowly progressing through, Miller's I've been doing a chapter at a time and Mistry's got abandoned after the MCAT...

2. Watch Bourne Ultimatum, Harry Potter and Atonement - you know to even it all out. Maybe add an art film in there

3. Start reading : Naomi Klein's No Logo and The Shock Doctrine and if I can track it down at McLeod's - anything by Hanif Kureshi, Arundhati Roy and Richard Dawkins - yes that Richard Dawkins I'm curious what can I say?

4. Watch Junior Hockey games - primarily while running at the gym

5. Hang out with Sheldon and Max - most likely time with Sheldon will be at the gym while putting him through his anaerobic testing and endless hours of treadmill running...

6. Sleep

7. Celebrate my first vegan Christmas - I'm so excited - Miso gravy, Tofurky, Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Potatoes and Egg Nog Cheesecake with Cranberry Compote...

No comments: