Thursday, December 20, 2007

Hoping the Drugs Don't Interfere with this posting...

Being on the border of sleep, NyQuil haze and awake, I find reading a difficult task. I often loose my place, re-reading chapter after chapter and none of it ever sinking in, so I turned to my laptop - more specifically film. I ended up watching the Nanny Diaries, and while I was hoping for fluff along the lines of Pretty in Pink, something to make my sore face hurt more from smiling kind of film, I found something more interesting. Something I think that can be said as illustrative of the kind of journey I've been on. While I haven't been raising children or dealing with the kind of bizarre insanity depicted I have been dealing with my own parallel universe - medical clinics. Month after crazy month I hear the same refrain - Why don't you just quit? Well maybe I haven't found myself yet, or more so I think working in the clinic has been the continual dagger in the heart of my medical dream - daily serving to illustrate the soul sucking power of the medical field - that in the last 6 years of my employment has served to turn my boss from friendly and supportive to a man I to a degree fear - he's unpredictable, moody, money centered and all together apathetic about his office. There is a part of me that hopes the pregnancy of another staff member will be the slap in the face he needs to realize his office is going to hell in a hand-basket and I'll be the first in line to give it a push if needed - but then again I think he's been doing a good job at that already - so maybe I'll just step back and watch the show. Regardless, I feel confident about the minor program and the Poli Sci minor - as I've stumbled along the way in recent years I found it serves to reorient the focus rather than create determination, maybe this is wrong, but it seems to be the case thus far - you'll be the first to know if I'm wrong in this assertion. Regardless I think I'm going to make life a little more deliberate if that's possible - other than deliberately trying to get out of debt - traveling would be nice and this degree? Well I'm sure it will be done sooner or later.

Lastly two songs for your enjoyment - one related to the job and the other from the movie... two songs to be added to the soundtrack of my life...



No comments: