Wednesday, June 18, 2008

While I've Got the "W" Word on the Brain...

I'm not really sure how I feel about it, not the issue of the W, but more so all that swirls around it - magazines, websites, shows, diets and all the expectations. I just put likely the umpteenth Bridal magazine back on the shelf because I can't digest it - I can't look at another spread of budgetless weddings, out-of-reach-one-of-a-kind venues, and ridiculously skinny brides with large chests holding up their strapless designer gowns. So what then? Well Shawn and I have already discussed starting a blog to document aspects of the process. But as well a part of me really wants to join the Hive, though I am aware in doing so I become party to the machine. I was hoping to use my amazing writing skills and unique perspective of not only being a city girl from Canada moving to a suburban America town, as well hey I'm a vegan, I'm a Christian - so yes all those "chauvinistic" events will happen, but there will also be a chuppa amongst other things like encouraging our guests to sign up with Compassion.

So to generally update you know we have a date, a venue, a color scheme and most importantly a budget...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So your engaged?

GF Girl said...

Sort of - the ring is sitting on the other side of the country.

Anonymous said...

wow...well gratz then.