Friday, June 29, 2007

I need to invest in some PETA t-shirts

Or for that matter Heribovre's "All This and Vegan Too..." Why? Well apparently since I've made it official that I'm taking myself off the market, but I don't have that big rock on my finger yet (the one I haven't decided about buying yet... since Steph's engagment ring is almost identical), apparently I'm now even more available. There have been numerous times in recent memory when I could have begged for a guy to look at me and now I can't seem to get them to stop. I know that sounds so horribly conceited - even worse is I hate it. For those who manage to follow the incessant ramblings of my fingers and brain you will remember we (Joel, Leaha and I) had an extensive conversation about this topic - post The Fray concert. Which was basically summed up as a don't look at me like that because I don't look at you like that... we aren't going back there - as nothing was solved. And the only thing to come out of my being asked out today by a very nice and might I add handsome man was, nothing - I said no, well what else was I going to say?

And I guess I'm going to have to figure out something since Jess and I are heading to Vegas, sans l'enfant, the last weekend of August - before Labour Day - either Caesar's or the Bellagio - I would love to stay in the Venetian but the prices haven't dropped enough yet - because of the easy access to yoga and good veggie food. And as mentioned before then I am planning on getting another piece - the lotus seems right for now - I'll get my foot done after Cheryl's wedding - hint, hint - that would be a unique attendant's gift - ink. Off to bed - I've got lots of research to start tomorrow, Clairborne's book and bizarre comments on Relevant's website have got me thinking about postmodernism, feminism and Christianity.... amongst other related topics. And I get to do it all with my big new Starbucks mug (containing tea, if you are wondering Cheryl).

PS. Did talk to handsome guy about Claiborne's book...
Note: As a response to Cheryl's question about my choice of a lotus flower
"The lotus flower grows in muddy water and rises above the surface to bloom with remarkable beauty. At night the flower closes and sinks underwater, at dawn it rises (drawn towards the light) and opens again. Untouched by the impurity, lotus symbolizes the purity of heart and mind. The lotus flower represents long life, health, honor and good luck."
As to Herbivore, I added a link to their website, they have a magazine and clothing company and as far as I am aware they do publish in a "minimal" format, namely I love them for their slogan - putting the FU in to Tofu...

1 comment:

stitchpixie said...

so what is the significance of the lotus flower that i see associated with everything.....green...for lack of a better word. green is how i would describe the patron of yoga, veganism, local coffee shops for lack of a better word.

is herbivore mag all black and white?