Sunday, July 29, 2007

Boy, Oh Boy...

If you aren't a reader of my other blog, you should be, because then you would know that I just this past weekend sojourned across the border to the land of the catcall and pickup line. I know the US is known for a lot of other things, but apparently sexually aggressive men is one of their lesser known commodities. I've said it before - I don't look at you like that so don't look at me like that, and I guess I can expand that to - if you wouldn't say that with your mother next to you, then why would you say that? It wasn't just the lame pick up attempt or the cat call, every service guy seems to not be aware that the line between customer service friendly and trying to get my number number friendly is one that they've crossed. It's unnerving and offensive at times.
And at the same time I cannot seem to get anyone interested in me on this dating site. Yes I'm aware of the hypocrisy of that statement. Yes, I have made it public that I believe I'm not to marry - and maybe all this is evidence of that. I'm not sure. But I do find it a big fascinating as a whole, when I've made the attempt to be friendly - and the response has been cold - versus the one blond, feminist none the less gets the attention. Hmm. Well in the end at least I've found another vegan, tattoo menno - so I guess the two of us can join forces in our attempts...

The pic? Well lets just say that's a pretty good representation of the guys who tried quite lamely I might add to pick us up on Friday night. It's couresty of http://flickr.com/photos/74561290@N00/

No comments: