Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I wish I could...

But I can't. I'm sorry I can't offer anything, as I too am still journeying through this process of whatever you want to call it. So offering anything would be like saying I'm lost but sure I'll show you the way... No thanks, right? Platitudes are only going to make things worst and more frustrating - when I lost the job at Copeman after everything else and little did I know everything else to follow I started to hear things about God's will - now maybe I'm not up to date on my God's will stuff - but I don't think it was or is His will that we suffer - lose jobs, suck at MCAT's, be failing courses etc - but it is our reality - it's a reality in my life because of sin and I get that. That's why I fumble around down here while He still sees the big picture.

Now here is where things get sticky - Leaha, I wanted to offer some kind of wisdom, something from my recent life or something else but you know I'm not to prepared to look back at those prayer journals - it's something like Lot's wife turning around - or so it feels - not to mention I'm sure there's a lot of swearing in there that's going to make me cringe on some level. You and I know Ann and what she has to say - so just know that I am here to grieve with you, to labor through, to laugh - remember I do have a sense of humor, it's not just you adding joy to my life. I'm also good a packaging lunches, making breakfasts and in the case of today bringing a clean t-shirt to campus. A song for Leaha... it's not perfect for today... but I think somewhere down deep we understand it.



Shawn - I know silence is the thing we desire most in these times and I think there is a reason for that - maybe it's to slow us down, make us sit, make us labor and grieve - I do not know, and I don't know your situation - but I figure it's something to do with the process of growth.

3 comments:

LeahA said...

I left home today feeling a little lighter with that piece of toast in one hand, and the packed lunch and umbrella in the other...thanks .... thanks for the shirt that I have yet to change and wanna go over and knock that girl out right now....stupid cell phones on the 6th floor where it is suppose to be silent !

GF Girl said...

hey I'm here for you whatever you need - you need someone to wake up with you at 4:45 I don't know if I can do that, but everything else no problem.

To all the boys out there who think that if they marry me they'll get any of these perks - ahahaha it isn't going to happen.

Anonymous said...

jennnnn... thanks for the song. gosh, i was so angry and stressed today. but i love reading lyrics that somehow find a way to relating to my life even if it's just a single line.