Friday, January 11, 2008

Just one of those days I guess...

I went to bed early last night thinking that I would slowly catch up on my sleep instead of trying to cram it into the weekend because Jocelyn is coming over tomorrow so we can catch up on life over cupcakes - flavour yet to be decided... I was leaning towards Red Velvet or Boston Creme or even the Fauxstess (fake Hostess) - go for something I haven't make before but that's challenging - then again I've got a ___ load of lemons - Lemon Drop it is... So back to my sleep - I woke up at 1pm frying hot, like running a fever hot - turns out the landlord thought it would be a good time to heat the house. And then I was up at 3 - I was screaming in my dream - who knows why honestly I'm not sure - no axe murders or anything - hopefully I wasn't actually screaming...

So fast forward to 5:40 am - alarm - louder than normal - grr, should have checked that. Then Leaha comes to check on me about 6:10am, I'm still in bed - yes I know I should already be up I say and then I ask why she's up - can't sleep in- having a 4am daily schedule I guess would make 6am, sleeping in right? I manage to get out the door by 7:10 and off to Starbucks - all new people to me - grr, means it won't be a good drink day - sure enough I averted getting 2% milk added to my matcha - but the drink I got in the end was still wrong as I just found out - too sweet and not strong - 1/2 sweet became 1/2 matcha and full sweet, eww. But it gets better, I looked down at my knee when getting off the Skytrain (above ground Subway for all you non-Vancouverites) this morning - what did I see - a run - a run in my tights!! And it's big ugly one - that somehow spawned between me leaving the house this morning and that moment - so even worse they're new. I just don't get it, I can go months with a pair of nylons and they never run, and then tights which shouldn't that do, do when brand new, eww.

But to add a little humour to our lives - my horoscope for this morning - which just further reiterates someone is having a chuckle at my expense today. And again let me stress I read these things for the humour of it all.

"It seems your ship is about to come in, dear Gemini. At least, the planets seem to think so. Your years of cultivating business relationships will pay off in the form of increased sales or new business opportunities. It seems this success spills over into your personal life as well. Life on the home front has never been more serene. You are the conductor of this melodious symphony that is your life. Congratulations!"

No comments: