Monday, April 28, 2008

A day off is suppose to be....

Less stressful then a day at work, and a whole lot less stressful then a really shitty day at work. But no, I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out how the hosting site I picked and Wordpress come together and nothing is working, nothing at all - all it is bizarre code and nothing that works like the video tutorials. They claim it's a 5 minute download and that the hosting site I picked that Wordpress came as part of the package that I had to pay for nonetheless. But no, so who knows at this point in time I don't care about any of it - I've had enough - I know I have the domain name if I ever want to deal with the horrors of this sometime in the next year or what have you - but at this point in time my excitement about the possibility of a clean and professional looking vegan lifestyle blog is now just anger - cursing the fact that the FAQ's and Help are format for someone who really knows code - and well I know a little HTML and get my way through the basics, formatting an entire website from the ground up is something completely different - where are the templates and all the recognizable aspects? Apparently free is vastly better - at least they know it has to be simple enough for the average person to use.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jennnn. what the hek. why wordpress? seriously. i just bought a domain at blogger and it is working now. call me and i'll come over and fix your problem. i'm pretty sure you'll get the domain address that you want from blogger if your purchasing a domain minus the "blogspot.com" and if you want me to help you "design" the template for your blog, i'm definitely more familiar with blogger than i am with wordpress. plus, with blogger, you can customize your domain address to include more than one blog and it'll all exist in one hosting price with google. i.e. you can have your writing blog at let's say blog.jennb.com and have a vegan blog at vegancrazyjenn.jennb.com and still have your official site at jennb.com ... anyway. go back to BLOGGERRRRRR!

LeahA said...

Jenn I am glad your day off allowed for you to cook me and AMAZING dinner...... HMMMM YUMMY...gosh I love food!

ps Open a resturant already and let me work there k!