Friday, April 25, 2008

A Threshold Never to be Crossed...

I started this blog about a year ago, prior to a time of anticipated change - a move 5 hours North East - the move never happened, I stayed here and life has changed more then I think those months in a tiny Interior town could have ever changed me. I've changed: living arrangement, jobs, church, friends, how I look at life and my perspective on many issues. The one thing that hasn't changed is that I feel like I'm still standing still, that somehow the whole world, the whole context in which I function has changed and yet really and truly I've remained the same. I'm not sure how I feel about that - maybe I've come to realize when you tie the title of your blog to a strong literary reference there is the remote possibility of art imitating life. That possibility has come reality - I am Rosencrantz or Guildenstern - of which I am unsure - but I know that like they could never traverse the liminal space of Stoppard's work, maybe there are spaces in my life I can never progress through, or when I manage to do so I don't know if this blog is the method for such a change.

The other thing I've realized is while I know I have readers I don't know who is and when and well to be honest, I'm growing apprehensive of this. This is a feeling that's been growing since the night Phil asked Jocelyn if she blogged - being asked by a stranger who just happens to be your pastor if you blog, made me realize what does the lurker think of me - do I care?

Does this mean no blogging? Goodness no, I will forever feel the most comfortable at a keyboard, I however am changing the direction of the approach to something more wholly representative of my life if you want to look at it that way. I'll keep you all updated. And who knows maybe I'll continue to keep you sporadically updated.

No comments: