Monday, April 14, 2008

Opposites

Leaha and I are opposites in so many wonderful ways, I'm an OCD cleaner and she doesn't see the necessity for such neurosis, she's laid back, more open, a laugh-er, a giver and a lover of people. It is that lover of people, specifically the ability to maintain a committed relationship that sets us apart. She mentioned this morning that she never stays at a job long, where as I, I can't seem to get the spine to leave - to leave jobs I should have a long time ago because they can't see me anymore and take me for granted. As we know from my blogging, the idea of a long term committed relationship is as difficult for me to do as it is for Leaha to desire to be a shift manager. Why is that? We can be respectively committed to opposite yet realistically similar situations. Men and Money/Job - you love and hate them, they consume you, they determine the course of your life and apparently they have this ability to intertwine themselves into your life in a way you never expected and/or desired to the point where leaving is next to impossible regardless of the situation. And yet there are those moments where it's good - where your job is rewarding, uplifting and peaceful, just like a relationship. I guess both can be bad and both can be good. Regardless we still seem to fall into the same pattern - neglect the good, and cherish the bad...

My muffins are done, and my coffee cold - I guess I should have timed that better... back to my supposed blogging break.

1 comment:

LeahA said...

Jenn my job was not rewarding, insightful or peacefull...i actually wanted to walk out on it today, grrr but hmmm God sent me a phone call in the form of boyfriend and put a smile on my face...

and hey I am sure you wish I was a little OCD about cleaning..I really liked doing dishes :)