Sunday, October 5, 2008

VIFF

For the last two years I've promised myself to get my act together, buy a good Gortex jacket and a VIFF pass and get as much reasonably priced, pure Vancouverite culture. The Vancouver International Film Festival (VIFF) is for those in Vancouver I love dearly, those who wait 100 deep in the rush line up for Heaven on Earth by Deepa Metha with really no hope of seeing it in the first of the fall storms. While in some ways I was not that hard core, through may have considered it if the weather had not been so horrible, so instead saw As Slow as Possible. Which was quite amazing and even more cool when the feature subject is a local writer with ocular health issues. I promise I'm not that obsessed with eyes.

I was going to post a little more about the movie, but right now am annoyed at my keyboard which is going through one if it's temperamental stages and hates typing the letter N. Enjoy the trailer below that played before the film started, we both got a chuckle from it.

Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmv/264725001/ - Note: Same number of people, just add an umbrella in each hand.

No comments: