This past year I have managed to achieve the following - as per usual there will be a little or a lot sarcasm involved:
1. Started therapy
2. Started group therapy
3. Stood outside a Crisis Pregnancy center for 30minutes on a busy street waiting for my first counseling visit - and no I was not and have never been pregnant.
4. Ate meat - even red meat - including two really good cheeseburgers and one horribly digested steak - so the last time I'm consuming good red meat.
5. Ate at least 4 tubs of ice cream myself and suffered at least a months worth of heartburn interrupted sleep due to those decisions.
6. Got engaged
7. Got unengaged
8. Witnessed my roommate get engaged - sort of- like in she got engaged and then moved out...
9. Did not witness the wedding - at therapy camp.
10. Travelled on my own - to only one of the two destinations I bought tickets for - the other I'm not sad I missed seeing - sorry Kansas.
11.Realized I have some awesome friends - I knew already but ya'll showed your true colours.
12. Saw SoFlo and swam in their ocean - way oh way too salty - but not hypothermia inducing so I don't know about that.
13. Read only two books - Michael Ondaatje and a book for therapy, though I started about a dozen others.
14. Found out how to keep up to date on all my TV watching without a TV.
15. Got a new roommate - and explained the wonders of the toque.
16.Decorated my home for Christmas - my home, my Christmas - I have lights!!!
17. Did Christmas shopping all before the last week before Christmas.
18. Started consuming more alcohol
19. Did Thanksgiving with Jocelyn's family - they aided in 18 for which I am thankful.
20. Saw more concerts - Ray LaMontagne and Duffy.
21. Introduced to new artists - Adele and Leona Naess
22. New stressful job - yay me!!!
23. Actually staying emotionally and relationally celibate when I said I would - big deal folks - big deal.
24. Realized my weaknesses
25. Keeping weaknesses off blog - but telling key people.
26. Sketching - started all over, after a week of not being able to sleep before sketching - I have a gallery opening if I could just find the artist.
27. Agreed to run a half and a full marathon - next year...
28. Left in my online dating wake 3 men - one named, the other anonymous and the last tagged Three.
29. Helped Leaha move on past BMMWH and I guess I moved on too.
30. Saw Capilano Suspension Bridge twice - one on one of the hottest days of the year and one on one of the coldest - both incredibly bad times to be there.
31. Became more addicted to my computer
32. Fell in love with 3 beautiful children, who just happen to live on the other side of the country.
33. Realized that taking apart my life is okay, it's not a sweet adventure, but savory - a kind of better in the end, but there is no real end kind of process.
34. Found that being weak is not bad, and that maybe I don't know what weak and strong really are. Just like I need to learn what love and trust are.