Friday, October 26, 2007

Take Me Back

It's funny how you can be craving something old and familiar in the midst of change. So I put on a CD that always brings me back - way back, grade 8 back in fact, to sitting in Mel S's basement - sing along to my Fantasy CD(first CD ever purchased), during our many sleepovers - talking about our crushes - I won't tell yours Tasha if you won't tell mine - well who cares - mine was Jason, Mel's brother's friend, and Tasha/Karen - Evan, and Mel - Todd - I can't believe I remembered , and watch Much. All of us single and awkward, fumbling our way through adolescence and wanting desperately to mean the words in the song. Funny thing is I think the song relates in some ways to our friendships - we've survived - better in some of the cases than some through the years.

3 comments:

LeahA said...

I wish I was there for the playing of this cd !

Anonymous said...

wanna come to dan's on saturday or sunday night for a low key halloween party? ie board games, beer, and maybe pumpkin carving? what's your digits...

GF Girl said...

Saturday night! Ya I have a social life... Sunday night if you want I'm going to 10th Avenue for service - it's closer to you guys, 10th and Ontario.

I can bring food...