Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Defined by Song

There is a continuously compiling soundtrack in my head - it's more simplistic than me digging around in my subconscious for literary references - which I do occasionally, but more often than not - it's lost on anyone else other than myself. A song, especially a radio single enters the consciousness of the collective. Rolling Stone has their 100 best songs of 2007, while it's not a Billboard countdown of the most played, I actually think it's a better list - more representative. Regardless I posted a soundtrack for my life a while ago - influenced in large part by the events of last year. Songs like the Fray's Over My Head were prominently selected in Grey's Anatomy tinged period. So on the theme of song, I am going to try and condense the year into a list of song references.

1. The Fray - Over My Head
2. Kelly Clarkson - Don't Waste Your Time
3. Go Set Go -I Hate Everyone
4. Anya Marina - Miss Halfway
5. Feist - 1,2,3,4
6. Linkin Park - Hands Held High
7. Linkin Park - What I've Done
8. Fort Minor - Right Now
9. PCD - Don't Need a Man - though if I could Buttons would be on the list too
10. Carrie Underwood - Wasted
11. Pam Tillis - The River and The Highway
12. Ryan Montbleu - This
13. Ray LaMontange - Empty
14. Paula Cole - Me

Looking forward - the song moment here is:

No comments: