Wednesday, January 2, 2008

This worries me...

There's lots crowding this brain of mine right now - and as much as I just want to go home and sleep, I can't - darn - I'm off to the gym once I get out of work. That being said I can't believe I'm hoping the last patient doesn't show so I get to the gym sooner... I SO need to run myself happy to Linkin Park and the Foo Fighters new cd (a wonderful gift from Sheldon).

So I was thinking about what else - the topic of the hour, dating - more specifically the language associated with it - it's a game, it's a crap shoot, it's luck, it's fate, it's a race. . . It's odd when you think about it - we fall into it (and apparently fall out of it), are blindsided and tumble head over heels into something that we denote in the vernacular as nothing more that a cosmic collision, hiccup or flatulence, depending on the outcome.

Just putting that out there.

Photo courtesy of:
http://flickr.com/photos/orangeacid/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most important things in life are the things that we cannot control or plan for.

They also are generally the most rewarding and exciting.

Embrace the fear and just get it over with.

Anonymous said...

True love will find you in the end
You'll find out just who was your friend
Don't be sad, I know you will
But don't give up until
True love finds you in the end

This is a promise with a catch
Only if you look will it find you
'Cause true love is searching too
But how can it recognize you
Unless you step out into the light?


Don't be said, I know you will
Don't give up until
True love finds you in the end.

-Daniel Johnston, 1990

LeahA said...

Love this photo..it reminds me of the song "Ache"

Anonymous said...

what the HEK is going on with the two of you?! i am so glad i'm not a roomate in your east van garden suite right now because i'm afraid i would have very little self-armour from the addictive powers of this whole "online dating" you guys are getting sucked into!

GF Girl said...

thanks for narrowing down my location there...

as to anonymous - let's just say you missed the mark on that statement - though I may be romantic - I am in the sense of still having a husband who believes I'm beautiful at 80 kind not the kind of intense emotion above all reason kind - reason is the foundation, it ensures that boundaries aren't crossed, and poor decisions aren't made - once comfortable then the emotions are free to enter

Anonymous said...

A relationship founded on reason would be a pretty boring relationship.

A good relationship starts with sparks and continues with reason, not the other way around.

GF Girl said...

er those sparks again...*shakes head* I don't get this one - I understand it, but I just don't get it.

Anonymous said...

What is it that you don't get?

Even in the bible, one of the more chaste writings I can think of, it talks about lusting your partner and that being a good thing.

If you want a healthy, good relationship, you better want to jump them every second of the day, or someone is going to find someone they do want to jump.

Wanting to jump them and actually jumping them are two different things, just to clarify.

Anonymous said...

it was meant to be an encouragement. nothing else.