Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Time Out aka A Reason for the Silence

I may be absent from blogging for a while for various reasons:

I'm tired. I work long days when you factor in leaving the house at 6:30 for the gym, then the hour commute to work, a full day of work, then the hour commute home, normally home again about 6:30pm. From there it can take me anywhere from 30minutes to 2 hours to clean, prep, cook, clean and then prep for lunch... While I can blog at work - I don't honestly like to, shockingly I don't feel like it's the place for it, and yes I am aware that I'm doing it right now...

I'm thinking.
I know, I do too much of that already - but I'm trying to rationalize something that I don't even know what it is - I know that makes it a whole lot clearer.

I'm talking
. While could be argued that this is talking - it's not directly interactive - thus why I'm seeking community. Talking about what? About how I found what I need but I don't know how to get there - thanks a lot Jocelyn - I don't know whether to place a baking ban on you or forever be indebted to you...

I'm treadmilling
. There is something odd about a machine that turns me into a glorified hamster, especially since it makes me feel, feel human - like emotions - joy, peace, frustrations and release - with the sweat goes to all that I want to rid myself of and also frees what I want to be able to give to others.

I'm traveling.
No where specifically, and no where far, but I think some more time on my feet seeing this city is a good thing and who knows where else I may go... Portland? The vegan mecca and home to ol' Donald is calling - never mind Powell's books *drool.



Photo: http://flickr.com/photos/redvelvettears/2273473006/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lady - what are you doing the first weekend in May? Road trip?? Portland?? I love portland, totally gorgeous. And man, totally worth it.

AND/OR - you could fly to NYC and hang out with me there for three days next week, Sunday to Wednesday - my friend in Philly seems to have disappeared so I don't know what to do with my time out there now!

Either way, don't think that not blogging will make me stop putting big ideas into your head...

jocelyn
disadventure.com

Anonymous said...

pick me, pick me too. i wanna be a travel buddy!

GF Girl said...

MAY!! I'm there Donald here I come... err, I mean Isa or Powell's or yummy vegan food.... I would absolutely love to do NYC, but I can't take time off that short notice - like the Tues/Wed...