Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nap Time

I wish I had a place to nap outside on a day like today and not get burned. It's gorgeous outside and what have I done? Well I did walk to Donald's this morning - well more labored or leisurely strolled - which ever you'd prefer to call it. My mission? Other then fresh air - makings for wonton soup, since I've never had matzo ball soup I decided to go for another ethnic equivalent of body and soul restoring soup. While that was coming together my challah dough was and still is proofing in the oven and will be for another hour or so... in the interim I'm going to complete the following found on Victoria's blog, though it's from here.

Attached or single? I'm single though not available

Best friend? Tasha

Cake or Pie? Hmmm, I'd have to say cake - don't find pie satisfying - I know I'm a horrible Menno for saying that but a good German girl - torte's all the way.

Day of Choice? Friday - laundry day and I've got the weekend ahead.

Essential Item? Coffee or Starbucks in general

Favorite color? Hmmm, blue - blue sea, blue ocean, dark blue of nights.

Gummy bears or worms? Bears - eww worms...

Hometown? Vancouver

Indulgence? Hmm... cheesy telle and chocolate chip cookie dough from the freezer.

January or July? January - snow, clear skies, no holidays - freedom from Christmas insanity and no heat.

Kids? Fur child - Max

Life isn’t complete without purpose

Marriage Date? It was to be April 12, 2009...

Number of Brothers and Sisters? 1 younger brother

Oranges or Apples? Apples for eating, oranges for drinking.

Phobias? Heights, spiders and snorkeling

Quote? “Nothing is more practical than finding God, that is, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the mornings, what you will do with your evenings, how you spend your weekends, what you read, who you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with joy and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.”

Reasons to Smile? There always is - I've been given life, no matter how horrible it is at times, there is always something good - cookies, showers, sunny days, clean sheets...

Season of Choice? Fall

Type of bed? Comfy

Unknown Fact? Apple juice makes me nauseous

Vegetable? Brussels Sprouts

Worst habits? I've got lots I'm sure

XRay or Ultrasound? I've had an xray but not an ultrasound

Your favorite food? Cheesecake

Zodiac sign? Gemini

I feel like this is the sad and yet blessed truth, I've finally appeared in my life, and that brings with it an opportunity to learn, grow and figure out what life fully alive in this skin is. I agree with Sara "the glory of God is man fully alive."



Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photosbyjuliet/2429587868/

No comments: